I understand that the information on this application is submitted for the use and benefit of both Camp John Marc and the user group sponsoring any specific camp session. I consent to either or both Camp John Marc or the user group reviewing this information, checking my references (listed or unlisted), and/or conducting a criminal and other background check. I understand that if my application is not accepted, I may not be given a reason for that decision and that if selected, my position will be unpaid and "at will," and can be terminated at any time by Camp John Marc or the user group.
If my application is accepted, I grant Camp John Marc and the user group permission to use, without compensation, my likeness or my voice in television, film, video, film, print or other media used to promote or publicize Camp John Marc, the user group, or the camp session I attend; provided these materials are distributed without a specific charge to the recipient except for the cost of procuring any mass media materials in which they are incorporated.
I acknowledge that during the camp program(s) that I have applied to attend that certain risks and dangers exist. These include, but are not limited to the hazards of boating, swimming, horseback riding, riflery, archery, sports, ropes or challenge course exercises, climbing structures, wilderness hiking and camping, the presence of wildlife, depending on other people, accident or illness, the forces of nature, extreme temperature, inclement weather, and travel by air, train, boat, automobile, or other conveyance. I also recognize that these risks may also include loss or damage to personal property, physical or psychological damage and/or injury, not excluding fatality due to accidents which may occur, including accidents resulting from vigorous outdoor activities. I further understand that emergency medical treatment may be several hours away in the event of a medical emergency due to the remote location of the facility.
I am not under, and will not be under the influence of any chemical substance (except prescription medicine), including alcohol, while at camp or traveling to or from camp. I understand that my participating in this program is entirely voluntary and that I can elect to participate, decline to participate, or limit or discontinue participating at any time. I have applied for this program and take full responsibility for my decision to participate or not to participate and agree to follow all safety instructions, and I understand Camp John Marc's and its user groups' decisions to allow me to participate as based on information I have given in my health statement.
In consideration of the right to participate in a camp program and the services and food arranged for me by Camp John Marc, the user group sponsoring the camp session I attend, and their respective shareholders, members, directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, and/or associates, I have and do hereby assume all the above and similar risks whether or not specifically foreseeable, and will hold all of them harmless from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, debts, claims and demands of every kind and nature whatsoever, whether for bodily injury, property damage or loss or otherwise, which I now have or which may arise from or in connection with participation in any activities arranged for me by Camp John Marc, the user group sponsoring the camp session I attend, and their respective shareholders, members, directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, and/or associates, and their heirs, executors and administrators, successors and assigns and for all members of my family, including any minor children of mine accompanying me. I acknowledge and agree that I will not sue Camp John Marc or its user groups or such other related parties, and that if I do, I cannot collect any money for any injury to person or property. To the extent that this agreement may ever be construed so as not to effect a full release or to be otherwise less than fully enforceable, it shall be construed as a full release of Camp John Marc, its user groups and such other related persons from any liability for gross negligence, negligence, or strict or absolute liability. I agree to be liable for attorney and court fees associated with any unsuccessful litigation brought by me against Camp John Marc or such other related parties.
1. Staff/volunteers understand and embrace the mission of the Camp and of Camp John Marc and willingly and knowingly accept the concept that the focus and goals of the Camp are directed to the campers.
2. Staff/volunteers will treat with the utmost respect and confidentiality all patient/camper information that is received during pre-camp or camp briefing sessions. This information is protected health information (PHI) under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
3. Staff/volunteers will treat campers of all ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds with respect and consideration.
4. Staff/volunteers will portray a positive role model for campers, including but not limited to, maintaining an attitude of respect, loyalty, patience, honesty, courtesy, tact and maturity.
5. Staff/volunteers will adhere to the modest dress code for camp. Clothing with advertisements for beer, alcohol, or tobacco products must not be worn; likewise, clothing with degrading or offensive language should not be worn. Closed toe shoes must be worn at all times. Men may not wear sleeveless shirts/tank tops in the Dining Hall. Women must either wear a modest one piece swim suit or wear a shirt covering a two piece swim suit.
6. Camp John Marc has a zero tolerance policy for those that present violent behaviors and for those who are in possession of firearms, weapons, alcohol, or illegal drugs while at Camp and on Camp property. Those who exhibit these behaviors or use, possess, or are under the influence of these items will be required to immediately leave Camp John Marc.
7. Staff/volunteers will comply with the outlined activities and expectations of their defined roles at camp and all required activities prior to camp that support their roles.
8. If requested by the Camp Director or Volunteer Coordinator, staff/volunteers will provide that person with access to any websites maintained or controlled by the staff/volunteer person, including any personal websites, blogs, and social networking sites.
9. Staff/volunteers will not accept substantial gifts of significant monetary value or money from campers or their families.
10. All employees (staff/volunteers) are encouraged to report any activity that the employee reasonably believes to constitute fraudulent activity or is in violation of any governmental regulation to the appropriate level of management. All employees (staff/volunteers) have the assurance that these reports will be considered completely confidential and the identity of the reporting employee will not be disclosed under any circumstances. Camp John Marc will not tolerate any retaliation in any form, including harassment or discrimination, against any employee who has raised concerns about possible fraudulent activity. Any reports of retaliation will be thoroughly investigated and any offending employees will be dealt with accordingly.
Staff/volunteers must comply with this Code of Ethics throughout placement and continued involvement with Camp John Marc and in affiliation with the sponsoring organization. I understand that violation of the previously stated standards will be regarded as engaging in unethical behavior that is grounds for immediate termination of roles and responsibilities.
I have read the Code of Ethics in its’ entirety and will adhere to the outlined policies, procedures and standards of Camp John Marc. Correspondingly, I agree to abide by all points, practices, and standards covered at Pre-Camp trainings.