Summer 2024 staff applications are now OPEN!
Criteria for Summer Staff
Summer Staff must:
– be at least 18 years old.
– be legally eligible for employment in the United States.
– be able to safely lift 50 lbs. (with/without reasonable accommodation).
– complete a comprehensive medical history and required immunization forms. Medical forms provided upon offer of the position.
– have completed one year of college or comparable life experience by the start of the summer 2024.
– submit a criminal background check; provided upon offer of the position.
– commit to working from mid-May through early-August (staff training and 10 weeks of summer camps).
If accepted, summer staff will be subject to a random drug test during the summer season.
Summer Staff Overview
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Summer Staff and Volunteer Counselors?
Each partner group recruits and brings a new group of volunteer counselors that live in the cabins with the campers for the week.
Camp John Marc employs summer staff to run activities, host a cabin, and other camp duties.
What are the steps to applying?
Step 1: Complete the application (opens November 1st, 2023). Remember, it is best practice to let your references know you have listed them on your application.
Step 2: Once your application has been received and reviewed, we will be in touch to schedule an telephone interview.
Step 3: Let your references know that we will contact all three (3) references to complete an automated form (required to move your application to the next step).
Step 4: A CJM director will contact you with a final decision. If offered a job, applicants will be given time to accept or decline the offer.
When will I be notified of the decision?
We recognize and respect the fact that many of our applicants need to make decisions about summer jobs as early as January or February. Because of this, we try our best to make final hiring decisions in a similar time period.
How many staff members are hired each summer?
Each summer we seek to hire around 24 college-aged adults eager to serve our campers in a high-quality manner.
Where do staff members live?
Staff members live in comfortable, air-conditioned, duplex-style lodging. Each side of the lodge houses four (4) staff members and has two (2) bedrooms, one (1) large bathroom, a living area, washer and dryer, and kitchenette.