At Camp John Marc, campers are inspired with confidence for life through discovery, friendship, and play while under the care of the same doctors, nurses, and medical staff that treat the campers throughout the year. This year, campers had an opportunity to express their gratitude to their medical team by writing a note on the “Wall of Gratitude” (a dry erase wall located in Camp’s Medical Building).
Some of their notes included:
- You are my second family.
- Not all heroes wear capes, some wear scrubs.
- Thank you for helping me beat up cancer.
- You guys are such an inspiration, every day doing a little bit of something to help cure a kid. You’re the best.
- I want to thank the counselors for helping arthritis kids.
- I am thankful for friends who understand.
- Thank you for this wonderful camp, that has amazing staff and friends! I LOVE CAMP JOHN MARC!
- I’m thankful for meeting friends like Rebecca.
- I felt trapped until you helped me.
- You guys don’t know how many lives you have changed by being awesome.
- Thank you for some of the best memories of my life.
Every first-time Camp John Marc camper is honored with a brick that is engraved with their name and placed on the Live Oak Path. Honor a Camp John Marc camper today with the purchase of a brick that will be engraved with the name of one of our grateful first-time campers.